Hello Music Parents -
The monthly CFMA meeting will be held this Thursday, January 11th, at 7PM in the choir room. We will be discussing our plans for our new Spring music event that will be our final fundraiser for the year. If you are a parent of a music student at Chi-Hi, you are automatically a member of this group. We hope you can join us!
This blog post is part of our efforts to archive past Infinite Campus messages. You can find all past IC messages by selecting "Infinite Campus Messages" on the right side of the page, under the heading "Categories".
CFHS Band Family:
A cool indoor marching opportunity has started in our region, and it takes place just down the road with people we know and love!
Join high school-aged students from around Northwestern Wisconsin with "Fleurish Winds", a WGI Winds indoor marching band.
They have another open rehearsal this Saturday from 12-9pm at Baldwin-Woodville High School (we've been there!) with Adam Bassak (we know him!) and Brad Tilley (we know him!)
and Mike Marcantano (what is this?!?) all being on staff.
If you are looking for an opportunity this winter to grow as a marching performer and overall musician, THIS IS IT.
If you say "why can't marching band be all year long", THIS IS IT.
If you want to stay active and become a boss-level musician, THIS IS IT.
(Sorry for the grammar.)
Let me know if you have questions. I know this experience will be rewarding for you.
Our truckload of fruit will be delivered and ready for distribution on Wednesday, December 13th. All you have to do is check off order forms and make sure the students are taking the right boxes for what they ordered. Easy!! If you are free from 2:45-4:45 pm on Wednesday, Decemer 13th please sign up to help.
Here's the sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b44a5a72ea3f58-...
Wear warm clothes as the doors will be open and it could get chilly!
Chippewa Falls Music Association
CFHS Music Department
CFHS Band Family:
Registration to audition for the WSMA State Honors Band closes on Friday!
To register you will need my email address (email@example.com) and our WSMA account number (#10143).
Let me know if you have questions. Students are responsible for the audition registration fee; if you are selected to participate the District will cover all other participation costs.
"... Chi-Hi Pep Band provides the best atmosphere in the BRC..."
It's beginning to look a lot like... BASKETBALL PEP BAND!
Below is the schedule for BRC basketball games that the pep band is currently on the books to perform during.
Students earn points towards an Academic Letter in Band for each pep band performance that they attend. Sometimes, there are additional perks for playing in the pep band such as free food and other goodies. We ask that every student try and attend 6 games so that we can have a great representation of our band program and our school as we take on our other BRC opponents.
Students should plan to arrive and be ready to rock in the band room by 6:45pm. Game time varies, so pay attention to announcements in class!
Good evening CFHS Band Family!
We are days away from the end of the marching band season and there are a few items that we need to make sure you are aware of before everything wraps up.
1. Itinerary for Youth in Music is on the website. Note that this is just a one day trip, there and back on Saturday.
2. Friday night after the football game we will be having some food and our end-of-season awards in the cafeteria. This event is just for our students though we will need a few parents who would be willing to help us serve some food and get things organized.
3. Speaking of the end-of-season awards, students need to submit their nominations for the awards!
CFHS Band Family:
Quick update for you - the itineraries for our next few events are posted on the website.
We are VERY fortunate that Mike Marcantano (one of the show designers) will be joining us on September 28-30. He will be at rehearsal on Thursday, at the game on Friday, and then we have a few hours on Saturday morning where he will be teaching us lots of awesome extras for the show - body work, ripples, horn flashes, the extra touches that will bring this show from a 10 to an 11!
I've planned it out so you will have PLENTY of time to then get ready for the homecoming dance, no worries! :)
Let me know if you have any questions. Keep doing the work necessary to make your performance grow for this weekend!
CFHS Band Family:
1. Itinerary is on the website. http://www.cfhsbands.org/itineraries.html
2. Parent Helpers have been added to a spreadsheet. You can remind yourself what you volunteered for, as well as join the fun - it's not too late! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sZe_dVA6qO...
3. Bus List is available for students to add their names. Only students can modify this spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/a/chipfalls.org/spreadshee...
4. If you pre-ordered the meal deal, make sure you bring me your money.
5. Last day to order Marching Cardinal Spirit Wear is Friday! Minimum order amounts need to be met or the price will change. https://goo.gl/forms/xb5t2pVRATF3FNeL2
6. Smaller sizes of the white Marching Cardinal performance shirt have been ordered but won't arrive in time for the weekend. Remember to have your clean white Marching Cardinal performance shirt to wear under your uniform!
7. Remember to wear long black socks with your shoes.
8. Let's have fun out there.
Welcome to the beginning of a new music season at Chi-Hi! With the start of school upon us, many exciting opportunities in music await our children. We are so fortunate in our community to have an exceptional music department with excellent directors guiding our young musicians! The Chippewa Falls Music Association, or CFMA, is a booster club for the entire Chi-Hi music department. Composed of parents and music directors, the main purpose of CFMA is to increase the opportunities for our students through our financial support. If you are a parent of a music student at Chi-Hi, you are automatically a member of CFMA. We will be asking for your help at various events throughout the school year. Our main fundraisers include our sponsorship booklet, Marching Band Home Show, Chi-Hi Music's Got Talent Show, and concession stands at music events.
So, how can you help?
If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to speak to one of the CFMA board members. Here's to a great music year!!
Annalie Thies, President
Lisa Gienapp, Vice-President
Misty Belonge, Treasurer
Heidi Adams, Secretary
This blog is intended to serve as a collection of announcements and information for current students and their families.