Hello CFHS Band Fam!
1. Link to judge's tapes from Cumberland
2. Link to Baldwin-Woodville itinerary. Free ice cream!
3. Link to listen to the closer.
3a.Link to the opening bell turn video.
4. Pay attention to rehearsal schedule for Saturday.
5. You will only be "on duty" for a portion of the AM; the other time would be good for a sectional, lunch together, etc.
6. Mattress sale is on October 20 - you can earn CASH for referrals - more information on Friday!!!
7. You can make a video recording of you playing the opener/ballad segments for the music check. That might be easier for you, and it is an option. Please have it done by Friady, 9/21.
CFHS Band Family:
There are many students with outstanding paperwork that needs to be turned in as soon as possible. Please be sure that you have taken care of the following items before Saturday
morning. If you don't know if you have turned in your pink and green paperwork, check the music hallway for a list of student IDs with missing forms.
1. Make sure you registered for CFHS activities and paid your activity fee:
2. Complete and return the PINK travel permission slip/medical form. Extra copies are on the band office door or can be printed at home from the website.
3. Complete and return the GREEN marching band fee. The money can be returned at your convenience, but we at least need the form! Extra copies are on the band office door or
can be printed at home from the website.
Thank you for your attention to this matter and for promptly returning these completed forms.
Hello Music Parents,
Welcome to the beginning of a new music season at Chi-Hi! We are so fortunate in our community to have an outstanding music department with exceptional directors guiding our young musicians! The Chippewa Falls Music Association, or CFMA, is a booster club for the entire Chi-Hi music department. Composed of parents and music directors, the main purpose of CFMA is to increase the opportunities for students through our financial support. If you are a parent of a music student at Chi-Hi, you are automatically a member of CFMA, and we would LOVE your support. We will be asking for your help at various events throughout the school year. Our main fundraisers include our Sponsorship Booklet, Marching Band Home Show, Mattress Sale, ENCORE! and concession stands at various music events.
Last year, proceeds from these events allowed us to give back $33,000 to the music department!
So, how can you help?
If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to speak to one of the CFMA board members. Our first CFMA meeting of the year will be Monday, September 10th, at 7:00PM in the Chi-Hi Choir Room. If you would like to become more involved in our organization - JOIN US at this meeting. We are excited for a fun year!
Annalie Thies, President
Sherry Friedel, Vice-President
Misty Belonge, Treasurer
Heidi Adams, Secretary
We are excited to be working with A to Z Embroidery to offer you a variety of ways to support the Marching Cardinals on the road! We'd love to have a sea of supportive parents and friends as we compete this season looking good in some new Marching Cardinals season swag.
You can fill out an order form for a variety of items by printing the image below, or grab a paper copy on the band office door. Orders are due Wednesday, August 22.
We have about a dozen uniforms left that need to be washed. If you can help, please get in touch with Mr. Renneke.
Finally, remember that parade details for this Saturday's parade can be found on the Itineraries page under the PARENTS tab at the top of the website.
We are looking for a few GREAT parents to help us out at our annual Marching Cardinals overnight/lock-in.
On Friday, August 24 after the football game we will be having our marching band overnight. We spend the night sleeping in the gym and it is a ton of fun! We have movies going in the auditorium, games in the cafeteria, snacks and food, frisbee on Dorais Field, and I've even heard rumors about some swing dancing...
We are asking for some parent volunteers to spend the night with us in the gym. Boys sleep on one side of the gym, and girls sleep on the other - we have a friendly line of parents down the middle. Your other "duties" would involve general supervision, helping with food, and hanging out with some pretty awesome teenagers.
If you are willing to camp out with us, please email Mr. Renneke. When we wake up on Saturday morning we eat breakfast, clean-up, and ship out. Thanks for considering!
Good evening CFHS Band Family!
I think that Band Camp Eve is one of my favorite "holidays" of the year. Looking forward to kicking things off with everyone tomorrow morning at 9am!
We are looking for a very specific volunteer - our semi driver! Darrin Krebs who has been amazing and our driver for the past few (many??) seasons isn't able to drive for us this year. We are looking for someone to volunteer their time and their truck to pull our equipment trailer to competitions. If you know someone (or a few people who want to split the work) please have them get in touch with me. We are able to cover fuel costs.
Thanks for helping spread the word!
The Marching Cardinals have been rehearsing all summer long on Wednesday nights, and now it is time to get the whole band together! We are so excited to kick-off our 2018 August band camps! This post has some information and reminders for both new and returning students.
When & Where
Rehearsal starts every day at 9:00am. You should stop by the band room for any instructions, drop off your lunch/cases/sun screen, and then head out to Dorais Field (football field). We rehearse from 9am-12pm, and then from 1pm-5pm. During the hour lunch break you can stay on campus and eat (if you bring a lunch) or leave and pick something up at home/Jimmy Johns/etc.
What to Bring
How the Day Looks
This is an example of what we might do during rehearsal. This is meant to give you an idea, not to represent our actual plan.
9:00am Meet on Dorais, stretch and warm-up
9:30am Basics block, working on fundamentals, marching technique
10:30am Learning drill, cleaning drill we have already learned
12:00pm Break for lunch
1:00pm Meet in sectionals to work on music, memorization
2:00pm Together in large groups, working on music, adding music to the drill
What am I forgetting?
Is your travel permission slip/medical information filled out?
Did you pay your band fee?
Did you attend the code meeting or watch the code video?
Did you complete your Activities Office registration and $20 fee?
Did you work on memorizing the music over the summer?
Did you sign up for text message reminders for important updates?
Good morning CFHS band family!
Our Wednesday rehearsals are officially over and band camp is a little over a week away! Two quick updates for you:
1. The Activity Code meeting on Monday, July 30 at 6:30pm is required for all students/families who have not attended a code presentation before. On this same evening you can pay the $20 activity fee, which is separate from the band fee and is handled exclusively through the main office. It is not a fee that the band directors collect, or have anything to do with.
2. There will be no "team meeting" for marching band on Monday, July 30. The schedule for the evening has the large group Activity Code presentation at 6:30pm, followed by team meetings for fall sports at 7:15pm. Because many students are also involved in fall sports and band, it creates a time crunch every year where we end up doing our "team meeting" twice and staying way later than anyone wants to stay. Because everything we would have shared is already on the website, and the website is full of the information and videos that we would have talked about a team meeting, we are not having a team meeting on Monday, July 30.
I should add, however, that I will be in the band room at 7:15pm for a little while if you have any questions. Stop down and see me. I will be cleaning off my desk! There might be some amazing upperclassmen who decide to stop by as well (cough please cough).
Let me know if you have questions!
Thank you to everyone who was able to join us on Wednesday for our first summer rehearsal! We had about 75 students and it was a great first rehearsal! I'm looking forward to having even more students join us next week.
Next Wednesday, June 20: We will be working on the entire opener and starting to memorize it in the chunks that match up with the drill sets. After rehearsal we are going to head over to Micon to watch The Incredibles 2! Ren will buy you a ticket, but you need to RSVP here.
Here are a few resources to help you as you practice this week.
Updated at 10:46am on 5/25/18
Looking at the weather forecast the decision was made to not wear hats in the parade. Please plan to wear your WHITE PERFORMANCE SHIRT underneath your uniform. If the forecast holds and the temp is high, we may remove our jackets and march in white shirts and bibbers.
9:15am Meet at BMO Bank parking lot
We will be warming up and running through the parade tune with the 8th graders. You will have some time in your sections for introductions and conversation, and 8th graders will have time to ask you questions.
~10:00am Parade line-up begins
~10:15am Parade steps off
~10:45am Parade route ends at the pool parking lot across from Irvine Park
~11:00am Band Post-Parade Grill Out!
After the parade you are free to leave, or you can hang out in the Main Pavillion at Irvine Park where will have be grilling out. We will have hot dogs and bottled water, please plan to bring something to share (chips, cookies, etc). Students can hang out in the Main Pavillion of Irvine Park. There are rumors of a baseball game being organized...
This blog is intended to serve as a collection of announcements and information for current students and their families.