CFHS Band Family:
A cool indoor marching opportunity has started in our region, and it takes place just down the road with people we know and love!
Join high school-aged students from around Northwestern Wisconsin with "Fleurish Winds", a WGI Winds indoor marching band.
They have another open rehearsal this Saturday from 12-9pm at Baldwin-Woodville High School (we've been there!) with Adam Bassak (we know him!) and Brad Tilley (we know him!)
and Mike Marcantano (what is this?!?) all being on staff.
If you are looking for an opportunity this winter to grow as a marching performer and overall musician, THIS IS IT.
If you say "why can't marching band be all year long", THIS IS IT.
If you want to stay active and become a boss-level musician, THIS IS IT.
(Sorry for the grammar.)
Let me know if you have questions. I know this experience will be rewarding for you.
CFHS Band Family:
Registration to audition for the WSMA State Honors Band closes on Friday!
To register you will need my email address (email@example.com) and our WSMA account number (#10143).
Let me know if you have questions. Students are responsible for the audition registration fee; if you are selected to participate the District will cover all other participation costs.
"... Chi-Hi Pep Band provides the best atmosphere in the BRC..."
It's beginning to look a lot like... BASKETBALL PEP BAND!
Below is the schedule for BRC basketball games that the pep band is currently on the books to perform during.
Students earn points towards an Academic Letter in Band for each pep band performance that they attend. Sometimes, there are additional perks for playing in the pep band such as free food and other goodies. We ask that every student try and attend 6 games so that we can have a great representation of our band program and our school as we take on our other BRC opponents.
Students should plan to arrive and be ready to rock in the band room by 6:45pm. Game time varies, so pay attention to announcements in class!
Students interested in auditioning for the WSMA State High School Honors Project (also known as Wisconsin's version of All-State Band).
You can sign-up for an audition here.
You can find the audition materials here.
You can find audition tips and practice tools here.
All student interested in auditioning for the Honors Band are responsible for the audition fee. If you are selected for this amazing honor the District will cover the cost.
If you are interested, fill out the above application and then setup a time to meet with Mr. Renneke to walk through the audition requirements - happy practicing!
Good evening CFHS Band Family!
We are days away from the end of the marching band season and there are a few items that we need to make sure you are aware of before everything wraps up.
1. Itinerary for Youth in Music is on the website. Note that this is just a one day trip, there and back on Saturday.
2. Friday night after the football game we will be having some food and our end-of-season awards in the cafeteria. This event is just for our students though we will need a few parents who would be willing to help us serve some food and get things organized.
3. Speaking of the end-of-season awards, students need to submit their nominations for the awards!
CFHS Band Fam:
If you need a smaller size of the white Marching Cardinal performance shirt, they are here!
Bring in your washed shirt and I'll trade you for a smaller size.
CFHS Band Family:
1. Itinerary is on the website. http://www.cfhsbands.org/itineraries.html
2. Parent Helpers have been added to a spreadsheet. You can remind yourself what you volunteered for, as well as join the fun - it's not too late! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sZe_dVA6qO...
3. Bus List is available for students to add their names. Only students can modify this spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/a/chipfalls.org/spreadshee...
4. If you pre-ordered the meal deal, make sure you bring me your money.
5. Last day to order Marching Cardinal Spirit Wear is Friday! Minimum order amounts need to be met or the price will change. https://goo.gl/forms/xb5t2pVRATF3FNeL2
6. Smaller sizes of the white Marching Cardinal performance shirt have been ordered but won't arrive in time for the weekend. Remember to have your clean white Marching Cardinal performance shirt to wear under your uniform!
7. Remember to wear long black socks with your shoes.
8. Let's have fun out there.
Performance Wear for Marching Cardinal Fans
We've gotten a lot of positive comments about the white performance shirts the band wore during the Pure Water Days parade and underneath their uniforms. Unfortunately for all of our Marching Cardinal families these great white shirts are part of our performance uniform and are for current Marching Cardinals only.
But we heard you and now we have a few great options just for families, friends, and fans of the Marching Cardinals!
Check out the options below. Order deadline is Friday, September 15.
Orders should arrive approximately two weeks later.
Hello CFHS Band Family!
Because of a change in our rehearsal schedule on Friday, we will be able to use Dorais Field all afternoon. We'd like to invite our parents and friends who are available to stop out and see what we have accomplished this week - if you are free, consider yourself invited to stop by the field around 4:45pm tomorrow and we will put on an impromptu performance for you!
The itinerary for Saturday's parade is on the website: http://www.cfhsbands.org/itineraries.html
BATTERY PERCUSSIONISTS: A cool device you might consider purchasing to help alleviate back strain: http://www.drumbelt.com/
This blog is intended to serve as a collection of announcements and information for current students and their families.