Hello CFHS Band Fam!
1. Link to judge's tapes from Cumberland
2. Link to Baldwin-Woodville itinerary. Free ice cream!
3. Link to listen to the closer.
3a.Link to the opening bell turn video.
4. Pay attention to rehearsal schedule for Saturday.
5. You will only be "on duty" for a portion of the AM; the other time would be good for a sectional, lunch together, etc.
6. Mattress sale is on October 20 - you can earn CASH for referrals - more information on Friday!!!
7. You can make a video recording of you playing the opener/ballad segments for the music check. That might be easier for you, and it is an option. Please have it done by Friady, 9/21.
Attention Chippewa Music Parents:
Thank you to those AMAZING parents who have already signed up to work and to donate food and other items for our Music Along the Chippewa Band Home Show. October 6 is just around the corner, so please consider signing up if you have not already. There are a number of needs yet to be filled, and we especially need workers for the later concessions slots and to work in the hospitality room. We are encouraging choir and orchestra parents to look at working all of these slots so that band parents can watch their kids on the field. Look at your schedule and call a friend! This is a fun way to support all of the outstanding performing groups at Chi Hi, so let’s get this done!
Looking ahead, Music Parents, please mark your calendars for October 20! What is October 20? It is the famous mattress sale coming to our own Chi-Hi. If you or anyone you know may be looking for a mattress, this is your chance to buy a mattress and support your favorite music program at the same time. More information on this to follow on another day.
Vice President, CFMA
CFHS Band Family:
There are many students with outstanding paperwork that needs to be turned in as soon as possible. Please be sure that you have taken care of the following items before Saturday
morning. If you don't know if you have turned in your pink and green paperwork, check the music hallway for a list of student IDs with missing forms.
1. Make sure you registered for CFHS activities and paid your activity fee:
2. Complete and return the PINK travel permission slip/medical form. Extra copies are on the band office door or can be printed at home from the website.
3. Complete and return the GREEN marching band fee. The money can be returned at your convenience, but we at least need the form! Extra copies are on the band office door or
can be printed at home from the website.
Thank you for your attention to this matter and for promptly returning these completed forms.
If you are still needing to get a pair of all black shoes for marching band performances, the shoes we previously recommended on Amazon have gone up in price. Here are two more options for families still needing black shoes.
Drillmasters are nice because they have a rolled-heel built in which helps with technique.
I haven't personally worn these, but they are a good price.
Hello CFHS Band Family!
I'm terribly sorry for the late notice, but there will be an informational meeting for parents and anyone interested in being a chaperone for the 2019 performance tour to New Orleans on Monday, September 10 at 6:00pm in the CFHS Choir Room.
If you aren't able to make the meeting, it will be recorded and the video shared with you afterwards.
You are not required to attend the meeting if you are interested in being a chaperone; attendance does not increase your 'chances' of being selected to chaperone. It is an opportunity to learn more about our upcoming performance tour, and ask any questions that may come up.
Every other year the CFHS Music Department embarks on an optional performance tour to a major American city, traveling with over 300 students from the bands, choirs, and orchestras. While on the trip, students participate in sight-seeing and visiting major historical landmarks of American history, as well as performing for and working with nationally acclaimed music educators from around the nation.
The 2019 performance tour takes place on February 13-18.
This blog is intended to serve as a collection of announcements and information for current students and their families.